Here are some questions for you to reflect on to help you get started with Therapy.
Before we start our therapy journey together, I’d like to know a bit about you and what you’d like to get out of therapy with me.
1. What are the three biggest things around your marriage or love relationship that you’re currently struggling with?
2. How does having this problem make you feel?
3. What solutions have you tried to improve your relationship or overcome the problems in your relationship?
4. Why do you think the solutions you’ve tried haven’t worked?
5. How would you feel if your problems didn’t get better in the next year?
6. How would you feel if one year from now you were in exactly the same place?
7. How would your life be different if you could solve the problems mentioned above?
8. How would you feel if your problems were no longer an issue for you?
9. How did people react when you told them you were hiring me and going to counseling? If you didn’t tell them, why not?
10. How do you feel about the financial investment of therapy and helping yourself overcome the struggle you are in?
Send your thoughtful answers to firstname.lastname@example.org